I visited Yvonne’s blog today, Socrate’s Book Review, and she was participating in a cool meme, so I wanted to play along…
Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?
If you’d like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week I’m sharing: DANGLED CARAT:
1) I never intended for it to happen. The words just came tumbling out without warning….
“It’s New Year’s Eve, and you know what that means, Marc. Time is up… I told you that you had until New Years’ to propose, and, well, here we are. It’s New Year’s Eve. So, what will it be?”
Despite the deep tan that he was sporting just moments before, suddenly Marc, my long term boyfriend, turned a ghostly shade of pale. He took a deep breath, and it was clear by the expression on his face that he was confused as well as slightly angry. But could you blame him? Why shouldn’t he be upset? Who wants to be faced with an ultimatum? Especially, when the demand it is being delivered by someone other than your girlfriend!
2) The hardest part was not that her words stung. The real pain I felt was internal, because in my heart I knew she was right. Some of what she said to me I already knew, but I wasn’t brave enough to say the words to myself. But to make matters worse, since she had been so close to Marc for so many years, I figured that he had opened up to her and confessed his fears and intentions. Was this why he has been acting so strange?
want to read more?
Many giveaways are still going on – to enter to win a autographed copy of the book and a $25 Victoria Secret gift card click HERE
To enter and win an a autographed copy of the book and a sterling silver ring from Berricle click HERE
Latest posts by Hilary Grossman (see all)
- Disturbing the waters of our lives - December 9, 2013
- Dream Destination Blog Hop Plus Giveaway! - December 7, 2013
- Follow Friday Four Fill in Fun Blog Hop – week 140 - December 5, 2013