We interrupt this Wordless Wednesday! For an amazing opportunity
To announce a $25 Giveaway!
Want a chance to win money for your child’s school? H&R Block’s “How Big is a Billion?” contest is a new educational program that asks teachers to turn the idea of a billion dollars into a math assignment for a chance to win a $3,000 grant.
Teachers are invited to submit real-life examples that illustrate the concept of a billion dollars. The contest runs through March 14, 2014 11:59:59PM CT and to participate, teachers must submit a brief explanation and image of the creative concepts. To access the application, “like” the H&R Block Dollars & Sense Facebook page.
More about the contest
- Submissions should be square image, minimum size 650×650 pixels, with description of math and research utilized to create the example of the size of $1 billion.
- There are three prize categories: Elementary School, Middle School and High School and each level will be awarded a Grand Prize ($3,000 grant), 2ndplace ($2,000 grant) and 3rd place ($1,000 grant).
- The first 50 entering educators will receive a $50 gift card!
- H&R Block has teamed up with WeAreTeachers, an online resource for lesson plans, professional development resources, grants and contests for teachers, to select the finalists and help encourage participation. H&R Block will select the grand prize winners.
- Entries will be evaluated based on accuracy and creativity.
- The contest is open to teachers and homeschool educators.
- Each participant can submit up to eight entries.
- What spurred all this? Check out the new H&R Block commercial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3tlVzjcQiA
- Click the following link for sample entries and visuals; these visuals are available for download until Friday, March 14:https://share.agencyroad.com/message/ZZ6MEyUvu5yVCu11ry0ovD
To help promote this contest, H&R Block is offering a $25 gift card to a lucky reader (I got one too) To enter: